For appointments, please call our intake & referral office at 410.225.5452. We are available 7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Our Treatment Program is easily accessed by Rossville Boulevard, Pulaski Highway (Route 40), Philadelphia Road (Route 7) and MTA Bus Route #4.
“The nurses and counselors are great. If you ever have a problem they are there for you. They treat everyone fairly; they’re what make the program work.”
Opiate Addiction Treatment for Heroin, Pain Pills, and Other Opioid Dependencies at a Clinic in Essex, MD
Opiate addiction treatment is available in Essex, Maryland, at MedMark Treatment Centers. Our outpatient clinic specializes in addiction treatment for heroin and prescription pain medications, such as Vicodin and OxyContin®. Patients who choose MedMark for treatment have access to a range of services, including medication-assisted treatment and counseling services. By taking a multi-modal approach to treatment, MedMark is able to provide comprehensive care to patients as they face the many physical and emotional challenges of the recovery process.
At MedMark Essex, the services available as part of our opiate addiction treatment program include:
• Medication-assisted treatment – Research has shown that methadone and buprenorphine are both effective at helping individuals overcome the physiological effects of a pain pill or heroin addiction. Treatment at MedMark is medically supervised, and each patient receives the dosage appropriate for their individual needs.
• Counseling services – Substance abuse counseling is an integral component of our treatment program. MedMark Essex offers individual or group counseling options to meet the preferences of different patients.
• Related services – Along with medication and counseling, our services encompass case management, relapse prevention, and discharge planning to provide support in other areas of our patients’ lives. We can also provide referrals to other community resources, such as housing assistance, to help ensure our patients receive all of the support they need to successfully recover.
If you or a loved one is in need of opiate addiction treatment for heroin or pain pill dependency, contact MedMark Treatment Centers today to find a clinic near you. We have outpatient clinics conveniently located throughout the greater Baltimore area, including one in Essex, MD.
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sat: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sat: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Treatment Center Director:
Stephanie Lamont, Interim
MedMark Treatment Centers Essex accepts Maryland Medical Assistance, most commercial medical insurances and fee for service.
- Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- Aetna (Out of Network)
- Beacon Health Options (Uninsured)
- Carefirst HMO & PPO
- Cigna (Out of Network)
- Kaiser Commercial MD
- United Health Care
- United Behavioral Health UBH
- Beacon Health Options – Commercial
- Beacon Health Options – Evergreen
- Beacon Health Options – Medicaid
*If your health plan has outpatient substance use disorder benefits, MedMark will verify those benefits, obtain authorizations if required and file the claims. Deductibles, copays and coinsurance applies. Please contact your program administrator for more information and assistance. MedMark encourages all patients to understand and confirm their plan benefits prior to contacting MedMark administration.